Welcome To Chastain Road Elementary School!
On behalf of all of the teachers and staff at Chastain Road Elementary--School of Discovery, we welcome you and your child to a new school year. CRE is a school with a strong sense of pride and community. As a school we share the vision of “Building a culture of excellence through innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning” with our parents, students, and community. As we begin a new year, we want to emphasize that student achievement is the focus of our instructional team. We are excited about the opportunities offered to our students as a School of Discovery. As a parent, you are a key member of our team. Our staff is dedicated to the belief that each child can and will succeed. We are committed to providing each child with personalized learning opportunities to reach their full academic and social potential. We will support them as they discover their passion and skills to be successful in their future endeavors, ultimately ensuring that each student is college and career ready when they graduate high school. In support of that belief, our staff is committed to do the following:
* Provide high-quality instruction and curriculum that enables students to meet and achieve the high standards of success given by South Carolina.
* Hold parent-teacher conferences semi-annually to discuss student achievement, success, and academic need.
* Provide daily supplementary instruction in reading and/or math including but not limited to resource, reading recovery, ESOL, and intervention.
* Maintain communication on an ongoing basis through phone calls, notes home, classroom/school newsletters, and parent conferences.
* Provide reasonable access to staff through parent conferences in person or by phone
We need your support and commitment to your child’s education in order for your child to truly excel. We ask for the commitment of our parents to do the following:
* Volunteer, attend and participate in school hosted events such as open house, parent/teacher conferences and programs, and other related programs as you are able.
* Actively monitor student progress, homework and school attendance;
* Work closely with teachers to ensure success in the regular classroom;
* Stay informed about their child’s education and communicate with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.
* Provide a regular time at home for working with children on school-related activities.
Together we can help our students excel in their learning and ensure that they are college and career ready when they graduate high school. We are looking forward to the new school year with great enthusiasm, refreshed energy, and high expectations. Let us always remember that we are Chastain Road Elementary—School of Discovery. We excel. No exceptions. No excuses.
Striving for Excellence,